Uhrzeit: 17:00 - 18:00 Uhr
Veranstaltungstitel: Contestation over migration and rights in the context of forced displacement - How do we study it? (auf Englisch)
Veranstalter: BICC - Bonn International Centre for Conflict Studies
Mehr zur Veranstaltung:
The podium discussion precedes the FFVT scholarly workshop “Forced migration and dynamics of political mobilisation: conceptual approaches, comparative and case studi es” on 7 December 2021.
While the workshop focuses on issues such as diaspora mobilisation, political mobilisation for rights and acts of citizenship, as well as transnational refugee protection versus contentious politics over (im)migration, the podium discussion intends to explore and reflect on academic approaches to study these phenomena.
For this purpose, scholars form different disciplinary backgrounds – migration, conflict and social movement studies as well as a researcher-activist – will
(1) present their individual research angle on the displacement-related contestation in origin- transit- and settlement contexts,
(2) discuss disciplinary intersections and boundary-making, and
(3) identify gaps and shortcomings in the study of political mobilisation and contention over migration and rights in the context of forced displacement.
You can find the link to the event of the FFVT International Scholarly workshop here, together with the registration link.
- Kristian Berg-Harpviken, Research Professor, Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO)
- Salim Nabi, MA York University, activist-researcher and migrant in Lesvos, curator of academic course “Commons & Learning to Live Together: A Migrant Intervention in the Academy Emerging from 5 years of Refugee Mobilizations in Lesvos”
- Helen Schwenken, Professor, Sociology, Migration and Society, University of Osnabrück